DISCUSSION: You should be able to eliminate the wrong answers by finding them in the passage. If that takes too long, then practice – you’ll get faster. Locating information in the passage is the skill that lets you succeed on reading comp.
- CORRECT. We’re not told anything about Bearden’s past.
- His contributions were paintings that showed individuals’ perspectives (lines 28-29) and lines 45-46 show that Bearden revealed new aspects of the African-American experience.
- Lines 29 tells us that Bearden painted individual suffering. Lines 41-44 tell us he painted happy scenes too.
- Lines 35-37 mention Bearden’s use of color and how it made his works more powerful.
- Line 37 tells us that Bearden wanted his colors (in those paintings) to suggest sadness.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions