DISCUSSION: The historians doubted that the memoirs were fully accurate. Their reason was that the memoirs were written long after the revolution.
- The historians only complained that the biographies were written long after the revolution. We have no idea whether the historians thought royalists were more accurate than republicans.
- This is the same as A. The historians didn’t mention whether they preferred royalist or republican memoirs. They may think they’re all flawed, because they were written long after the revolution.
- CORRECT. This is supported by lines 17-18. The historians think the memoirs are unreliable.
- The historians thought the memoirs were inaccurate. Maybe they thought some memoirs were unbiased, but we have no evidence for that.
- This sounds good…but there’s no reason the historians need to argue that the accounts were unverifiable. Verification of the facts could show that the memoirs were inaccurate and unreliable.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions