DISCUSSION: The author suggests that Bearden’s techniques helped Bearden get his message across. For example, Bearden’s colors give us a sense of the tragedy of the Depression. (lines 34-40)
- CORRECT. The author thinks that Bearden’s techniques helped him convey his message. And the author likes Bearden’s message.
- The author liked the complexity of Bearden’s paintings. See line 54-58.
- If Bearden’s techniques were innovative, then it’s not clear they were traditional. Bearden may have used techniques from outside the African-American experience to show it in all of it’s depth. (Or maybe not…but the passage isn’t clear on where Bearden got his techniques, which is why this answer is wrong.)
- On the contrary, Bearden’s techniques seem to have enhanced his message. See lines 34-40.
- We don’t know. Bearden’s techniques may have been appropriate during the depression, but they may not be appropriate now. Or maybe only Bearden could successfully use his techniques.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly