DISCUSSION: My advice from question 12 applies here. You should be able to eliminate most or all of the wrong answers by referring to the passage.
Only lines 29-35 mention human figures. This question is testing whether you can find, read and understand those lines.
- Lines 24-25 say that Bearden painted hardship. Lines 29 tells us he painted individuals. Individual is a synonym for particular. So he examined particular cases of human hardship in his paintings.
- Lines 30-33 tells us that Bearden used people to suggest elements that lay outside of his painting.
- Line 34 says that the human figures mentioned in line 30 were part of Bearden’s artwork.
- CORRECT. This isn’t mentioned anywhere. Bearden’s paintings show sad or happy scenes, but it’s not clear if it is the human figures that produce the emotional effect.
- This is line 30-31. They say it directly.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions