DISCUSSION: The main point is to describe some of the benefits and challenges of South Africa’s switch to a rights-based legal system.
- Citizens opposed the law. But surely judges didn’t oppose the law, even under apartheid. Their job is to uphold the law.
- This is sort of true, but it’s hardly the main point. Even if individuals challenge parliament, there are many other problems with the legal system. This answer choice doesn’t mention the lack of precedents and other problems.
- This is true, but the passage had another point: the transition will be difficult.
- CORRECT. The transition is happening, even though there are difficulties. The passage gives us an overview of this process.
- This ignores the first and third paragraphs. Precedent was only mentioned in the
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly