DISCUSSION: The main point of the passage is that prions are a newly discovered pathogen that cause CJD and other diseases. Prions are special because they replicate but don’t have DNA.
- This isn’t even true. The passage never mentioned whether most organisms can produce several kinds of protein. Also this answer completely ignores disease, which was a major focus of the passage.
- CORRECT. This covers all the main points: disease and a new way for pathogens to replicate.
- This just covers part of the final paragraph. A main point answer should cover the whole passage.
- This answer covers only a few words: the first half of the first sentence of the final paragraph. The rest of the passage doesn’t talk about scientific skepticism. Indeed, it seems that now scientists accept prion theory. See line 52.
- This is just a small part of the passage. This answer completely ignores disease and pathogens.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions