DISCUSSION: This question says that the passage helps to answer the question asked by the right answer.
So you should narrow things down to 1-2 answers, then check that the passage actually does answer the question in the answer choice you choose.
- We don’t know what causes prions to replicate (lines 56-60), so it’s not clear whether blows to the head are relevant.
- Chronic insomnia is a symptom of CJD (line 19), but occasional insomnia isn’t mentioned as a symptom. Lots of people have occasional difficulty sleeping.
- Radiation or gene damage isn’t mentioned in the passage. Heck, prions don’t have genetic material. See line 22, prions lack nucleic acid.
- The passage never says whether heredity is risk factor for CJD.
- CORRECT. Lines 36-39 show that prions damage the brain by creating thread like structures.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions