DISCUSSION: Read the whole sentence, the third sentence of paragraph 2. These lines show that Dunham was unique. She had training in both dance and anthropology.
All other experts only had training in social science or dance, but not both. That explains why no one had previously conducted Dunham’s studies.
- The second sentence of paragraph 2 explains why social scientists didn’t study dance. This question is asking about the third sentence of paragraph 2.
- This is tempting. But the third sentence of paragraph 2 only talks about why groups are not qualified to study dance. This answer has the wrong emphasis: the passage wasn’t trying to prove that any group was qualified to study dance (apart from Dunham).
- We’re not told why Dunham chose to study dance. Dunham may not have been aware that she was the only dancer qualified to study dance.
- CORRECT. The third sentence of paragraph 2 shows that no dancer had studied dance because they weren’t trained in social science research.
- What? The dancers mentioned in the third sentence of paragraph 2 did not have a field of research. That was the point of mentioning them – they were qualified to understand dance, but they weren’t researchers.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions
Leave a Reply