DISCUSSION: The main point of the passage is to clarify some questions about Okapis. Remember that the answer on a main idea question should cover all or most of the passage. A and D are true, but leave out much of the passage.
- This only describes part of paragraph two.
- This ignores many parts of the passage. It’s true that the passage asked many questions about the Okapi, but the passage also answers most of those questions.
- CORRECT. The passage answers some questions, but also asks new questions that it is unable to answer. We’re not really sure about the questions in the fourth paragraph. The answers given are only hypotheses (guesses).
- This only covers paragraphs 2-3.
- This is false: the passage answers many questions. For example, we know how many Okapis there are, and how to classify them.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly