DISCUSSION: Rivier’s view is that the heroes have no choice: everything is determine by the gods. The heroes think carefully and realize that they have only one real option. (lines 30-35 and 38-40)
- It’s hard to tell if the tragic figure had a real choice or not. And this doesn’t mention the gods.
- This doesn’t tell us if the tragic figure had a real choice or not.
- Careful thought? That sounds like she had a choice.
- Not to repeat myself, but it sounds like this tragic figure had a choice.
- CORRECT. The tragic figure realizes there’s only one thing to do. The gods control everything.
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions