DISCUSSION: This is very similar to the main idea question. They essentially ask the same thing: why is the author telling us this?
The author wants the subjectivists and objectivists to learn to talk to each other, and he has a solution.
- The author hasn’t passed any judgement on whether the philosophers are correct.
- CORRECT. The solution is given in paragraphs 4-5. The two camps must examine their assumptions and learn to speak to each other.
- Find me a single line where the author attacks the subjectivists.
- Same as C. Find me a single line where the author picks sides.
- Same as C and D. The author does not judge either side.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly