DISCUSSION: The objectivist approach relies on data that can be described neutrally, and is external to an individual’s mind.
The wrong answers depend on subjective human impressions. There’s no way to be certain about data that depends on people describing their experiences.
- This relies on individual’s subjective stories of their dreams. There is no way to know if the stories are accurate.
- This relies on interviewers’ and subjects’ subjective assessments of their moods.
- This also relies on the subjects’ own evidence of their experiences.
- CORRECT. This sounds objective. We can measure the amount of the chemical scientifically. We can then link it to objective measures of aggression (did the subject punch anyone lately?).
- How do we know that the subjects are accurately describing their thoughts?
Want a free Reading Comp lesson?
Get a free sample of the Reading Comprehension Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving RC questions