QUESTION TEXT: The importance of the ozone layer to…
QUESTION TYPE: Most Strongly Supported
- The Ozone layer filters out some wavelengths of light.
- Holes in the ozone layer are dangerous.
- One additional danger is that these holes could cause severe eye damage in some species.
ANALYSIS: Number three doesn’t tell us how the holes cause eye damage. But it’s strongly supported that the eye damage is due to the wavelengths of light that can now enter through the ozone holes.
This may seem obvious, but it wasn’t explicitly stated and it is supported.
- This doesn’t have to be true. We just know that more wavelengths that cause eye damage can now get through.
- We’re not told how widespread the holes are.
- We’re told that animals of many species could be affected. Technically “many” includes the possibility of all. We have no evidence that some species will be unharmed.
- It could be that only several wavelengths in combination can cause eye damage.
- CORRECT. This has to be true, if ozone holes can cause damage. Ozone’s protective effect is that it keeps out some wavelengths.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions