QUESTION TEXT: Brewer: All children should be given the…
QUESTION TYPE: Misunderstanding
ARGUMENTS: Brewer argues that all children should be given the opportunity to be involved in sports. It gets them emotional and can cause them to achieve high athletic standards.
Polanski thinks that forced competition will turn many children away from sports.
ANALYSIS: Polanski thinks that Brewer said that all children should be forced to play sports. Brewer only said they should have the opportunity.
- Polanski worries about the future impact competition will have, but he doesn’t accuse Brewer of saying anything about the future.
- Polanski worries about competition but he doesn’t accuse Brewer of incorrectly linking competition to anything.
- If Polanski thought Brewer had said this then Polanski would have mentioned other activities that are more important.
- CORRECT. Polanski is against forcing children to play competitive sports. But Brewer only said children should be given the opportunity to play.
- If Polanski thought Brewer said this then he would have talked about how there are other ways to engage emotions.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions