QUESTION TEXT: The recent of frescoes in the Sistine…
QUESTION TYPE: Principle – Strengthen
CONCLUSION: Art historians think that their interpretations might have been wrong.
REASONING: Restoration of the frescos has shown that the original colors were different.
ANALYSIS: This makes sense. Choice of color often has artistic meaning. The argument is already pretty good on its own, but the right answer tells us explicitly that color is artistically meaningful.
- The only reason the artists mention the period before the restoration is to emphasize that back then they were mistaken about the colors. The general historical period isn’t very relevant to this stimulus.
- That’s true. But in this case the restorations seems to have restored the true colors intended by the artist.
- CORRECT. Since the colors are different that means that our interpretation may be different.
- The art historians aren’t talking about the value of the Sistine Chapel. They’re talking about how to interpret it.
- This would tell us that the art historians have no business interpreting the chapel at all. They did not live in the period it was created.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions