QUESTION TEXT: Lea: Contemporary art has become big business….
QUESTION TYPE: Point at Issue
ARGUMENTS: Lea argues that contemporary art is big business and no longer has any creativity or spontaneity. This can be seen by visiting an art gallery.
Susan thinks that some art is still creative. We can see this in smaller independent galleries.
ANALYSIS: They disagree on whether you can find creative work. Susan doesn’t actually say if she thinks art is big business or not.
- Susan seems to agree that large galleries aren’t creative.
- Lea says no. Susan doesn’t express a clear opinion. She only said most smaller galleries have creative work. She didn’t say what percent of galleries in total have uncreative work.
- You might be tempted to pick this because Susan said “I disagree.” But Susan’s evidence shows that she was disagreeing about whether you can find creative work in galleries. Susan might agree that modern art is generally now big business.
- CORRECT. Lea says any gallery will lack creative work. Susan says it’s easy to find it in smaller galleries.
- Susan doesn’t say if she thinks are has become less about self-expression.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Leave a Reply