QUESTION TYPE: Paradox – Exception
FACTS: Some psychologists study animals in order to understand the structure and development of the human personality.
ANALYSIS: The correct answer is backwards. It talks about understanding animals. We’re trying to figure out how animal experiments help us understand humans.
- This means that animals provide the easiest way to study human instincts.
- Humans might make for better experiments, but it’s illegal. Therefore psychologists experiment on animals as a second best option.
- Similar to B. Human experiments might be better but animal experiments are cheaper.
- CORRECT. This is backwards. We’re trying to model the personality of humans, not animals.
- Animals let us think of things to test in human experiments.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions