QUESTION TYPE: Must be False
- Viruses can help humans.
- For example, some viruses kill more-complex microorganisms that can sometimes hurt humans.
- Viruses have very simple structures. Even small alterations can make them very deadly.
- Random mutations big enough to make viruses deadly often happen. So any virus could easily become dangerous to humans.
ANALYSIS: The right answer is based on the second point.
- This could happen. It’s easy for the helpful viruses to become deadly and the deadly viruses to become helpful through mutation.
- This could happen. We aren’t told how likely it is that more complex organisms mutate.
- This could be. We only know that some of those micro-organisms are deadly to humans.
- This could be true. Those viruses could kill deadly micro-organisms, for example.
- CORRECT. This cannot be true. We know that at least some viruses help humans by killing more complex micro-organisms. It’s the second sentence.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions