QUESTION TEXT: Criminals often have an unusual self-image. Embezzlers…
QUESTION TYPE: Complete the Argument
CONCLUSION: The logical conclusion is that the criminals didn’t think they were doing anything wrong.
REASONING: Several examples are given where criminals rationalize their actions.
ANALYSIS: None of the criminals think they have done anything wrong. The logical conclusion is that they don’t think they are criminals.
No one likes to think that they are a bad person. Everyone has a reason for the things they do.
- This goes too far. We don’t reward people for borrowing money, even though there’s nothing wrong with borrowing money.
- If someone borrows money, that doesn’t make them a victim of a criminal.
- CORRECT. All of the statements indicate that the criminals didn’t believe they were doing anything wrong.
- The criminals haven’t even mentioned the justice system.
- If an embezzler thinks they merely borrowed money then why should they think they deserve any sentence at all?
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions