QUESTION TEXT: The vomeronasal organ (VNO) is found inside…
QUESTION TYPE: Weaken
CONCLUSION: VNO works in humans.
REASONING: Human test subjects experience subtle smells when their VNO is stimulated.
ANALYSIS: The wrong answers point out that the human VNO is not very developed. But we already knew that. That doesn’t weaken the idea that our VNO cells still can do something.
The right answer shows that the scientists may have activated nose cells by mistake.
- CORRECT. If this is true then researchers might have actually stimulated the nose while trying to stimulate VNO cells.
- This would explain why we can only see it microscopically. But it doesn’t weaken the argument that its still functional.
- The VNO is really tiny in humans and we don’t seem to use it. So it makes sense that the chemicals are different. This doesn’t weaken the argument that the VNO is still slightly functional.
- This could explain why those other animals can routinely use their VNO while we cannot. But it doesn’t weaken the argument that its possible to stimulate our VNO.
- This strengthens the argument, since the VNO was linked to smell in humans as well.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions