QUESTION TEXT: Commentator: In the new century, only nations…
QUESTION TYPE: Complete the Argument
CONCLUSION: The logical conclusion is that stability will decrease if a nation has advanced technology.
REASONING: People in countries with advanced technology will be able to see how other people live. They will question their customs and change them.
ANALYSIS: If we have prosperity, then we have technology. And technology undermines customs. So prosperity will undermine customs.
- Not quite: the issue of justice isn’t addressed.
- CORRECT. If they have prosperity then they’ll have all the latest technology (1st sentence.) That undermines customs and tradition, which will reduce stability.
- Laws can’t do much if technology is undermining your customs.
- Actually, acquiring technical skills seems likely to undermine culture. It is the latest technology that changes customs.
- Hard to say. Perhaps even gradual assimilation will undermine customs.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions
Shouldn’t the paragraph have used the word “But” or “On the other hand” before stating the downside of the technology??
TutorRosalie (LSATHacks) says
They could but it’s unnecessary. Sure using “but” for example would make it a bit more obvious that a counterpoint/negative is coming up, but the LSAT does want to make things tricker so sometimes you wouldn’t get these indicators.