QUESTION TEXT: Commentator: In the new century, only nations…
QUESTION TYPE: Complete the Argument
CONCLUSION: The logical conclusion is that stability will decrease if a nation has advanced technology.
REASONING: People in countries with advanced technology will be able to see how other people live. They will question their customs and change them.
ANALYSIS: If we have prosperity, then we have technology. And technology undermines customs. So prosperity will undermine customs.
- Not quite: the issue of justice isn’t addressed.
- CORRECT. If they have prosperity then they’ll have all the latest technology (1st sentence.) That undermines customs and tradition, which will reduce stability.
- Laws can’t do much if technology is undermining your customs.
- Actually, acquiring technical skills seems likely to undermine culture. It is the latest technology that changes customs.
- Hard to say. Perhaps even gradual assimilation will undermine customs.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions