QUESTION TEXT: The relationship of Sheila's statement to Robert's…
QUESTION TYPE: Relationship Between Arguments
ARGUMENTS: Robert argues we should slow traffic with speed bumps to prevent accidents.
Sheila argues that Robert’s plan could cause accidents.
ANALYSIS: Sheila doesn’t disagree with anything Robert says. She just points out a disadvantage to his plan that he may not have considered.
- Sheila doesn’t deny that the problem is serious. But she thinks that Robert’s solution will cause harm.
- CORRECT. Robert might slow some traffic but his plan will also cause some accidents when people hit the speed bumps too fast.
- Sheila didn’t propose an alternative plan.
- Sheila didn’t question Robert’s motives. She just warned his plan had hidden dangers.
- Sheila thinks it’s worse than that: Robert’s plan could cause harm.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions