DISCUSSION: As with all specific detail questions, you should support the right answer with the passage. This prevents many mistakes.
- Scientists don’t believe that a parent using an organ will affect the child’s organ. But it’s common knowledge that using an organ in your own body will affect that organ.
- The passage suggests this is true, so scientists probably believe it.
- Scientists likely never believed this, so it’s unlikely to be something they no longer believe. “No longer” implies they used to believe it.
- This is something scientists do believe.
- CORRECT. Now we know that some genes are transmitted horizontally instead of vertically (lines 46-50).
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly