DISCUSSION: The last paragraph summarizes and clarifies the info on horizontal transmission. It also suggests the discoveries may support Lamarck.
- What modification? If you can’t answer this question, you can’t pick this answer choice.
- Lines 56-58 say that Lamarck might be proven correct. There’s no certainty.
- What would be the significance? We’re never told.
- What words did the passage use to criticize scientists? If you can’t find any, then there’s no reason to choose this answer choice.
- CORRECT. The recent discoveries show how Lamarck’s hypothesis could work. Scientists had previously rejected it, because they could find no genetic mechanism to explain his theory.
Need help with RC? → Try the RC Mastery Seminar
Solve hard passages quickly