QUESTION TEXT: Carla does which one of the following…
QUESTION TYPE: Method of Reasoning
CONCLUSION: Carla argues that historians should use general and objective views of history.
REASONING: It is impossible to know whose perspective to take, if we try to take a subjective view.
ANALYSIS: Carla believes that Mark’s idea would make history inaccurate.
- Carla doesn’t say that. She just thinks Mark’s ideas are wrongheaded.
- Carla might think we can understand an individual’s feelings. But in history, which individual should we try to understand? The British or the French? The general or the foot soldier? That’s the problem.
- CORRECT. If we followed Mark’s advice then history would no longer be objective.
- Mark didn’t deplore any historical writing. Read carefully.
- Neither Carla nor Mark even mentions what profession Mark has. He might not be a historian. This is totally unsupported.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions