QUESTION TEXT: Newtonian physics dominated science for over two…
QUESTION TYPE: Must be True
- Newton’s physics was highly successful.
- But it was surpassed by Einstein’s physics.
- This happened despite the fact that Newton’s physics was highly successful and substantiated.
ANALYSIS: We can conclude that highly successful, substantiated scientific theories can be replaced.
The wrong answers talk in general terms. We only have evidence about one situation: Newton’s theory.
- We only know this happened once, in the case of Newton and Einstein.
- CORRECT. Newton’s theory had long standing success and was substantiated. But then it was replaced.
- We only know this happened to Newton. It might not happen to other theories.
- We have evidence this isn’t true. Newton’s theory was only dominant for a couple of centuries.
- Not necessarily true. We only know this is true in the case of Newton and Einstein.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions