QUESTION TEXT: Psychologist: Although studies of young children have…
QUESTION TYPE: Complete the Argument
ARGUMENT: The environment and natural ability are both important for language learning.
ANALYSIS: The logical conclusion is to ask how much natural ability and the environment each contribute to language learning.
- Not quite. There’s nothing in the stimulus to indicate that there’s some obstacle to a full explanation.
- We already know that innate mechanisms play a role. This is redundant.
- We already know this isn’t true: the environment plays a role.
- The stimulus doesn’t even mention parents and peers. Presumably they are part of the environment, but this is a non-sequitur.
- CORRECT. We know both are factors. It will be important to figure out which is more important.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions