QUESTION TEXT: Conscientiousness is high on most firms' list…
QUESTION TYPE: Paradox – Exception
PARADOX: Companies want conscientious employees yet conscientious workers who are laid off take a long time to find work.
ANALYSIS: The correct answer shows the importance of rates/percentages vs. amounts.
We have no idea what amount (number) of people from both groups are unemployed.
We only know that lazy people get hired within 5 months at a higher rate (percentage.)
- CORRECT. The stimulus talked about the rate at which people from both groups were hired. It doesn’t matter how many of them there are. It only matters what percentage get hired.
- This shows that conscientious people are picky and won’t take just any job. So it takes them longer.
- This would make employers thinks those conscientious people were bad candidates.
- This gives lazy people an unfair advantage over conscientious people.
- If something is less urgent then it can take longer without causing a problem.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions