QUESTION TEXT: In response to office workers' worries about…
QUESTION TYPE: Weaken
CONCLUSION: VDTs cause headaches.
REASONING: People who use VDTs often have more headaches than other office workers.
ANALYSIS: On survey questions, try to think whether an answer shows that the data is flawed somehow.
Answer D does this. People with headaches misreport how often they use VDTs.
- This doesn’t tell us that one group was affected more than another.
- The conclusion was only about how often headaches occur. The severity doesn’t matter.
- This supports the conclusion, assuming eyestrain can lead to headaches.
- CORRECT. This shows the data is flawed, and biased towards showing that people with headaches use VDTs more often.
- This shows the samples are equal and strengthens the argument.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions