QUESTION TEXT: Media consultant: Electronic media are bound to…
QUESTION TYPE: Flawed Reasoning
CONCLUSION: Electronic media will get rid of the traditional school.
REASONING: Printed books helped bring about the traditional school. Electronic media is fulfilling the role of printed books.
ANALYSIS: The argument hasn’t shown that books are necessary to schools. They just helped schools arise, centuries ago.
- This isn’t circular reasoning. The evidence for the conclusion is that books are being replaced by electronic media. It’s bad evidence, but the argument isn’t circular.
- There isn’t a single expert mentioned.
- The argument hasn’t even managed to prove that schools could go away.
- CORRECT. Books helped schools to arise. But the argument hasn’t proven that they are necessary for schools.
- This is densely worded but meaningless. The argument didn’t mention how valuable schools are or how they operate (in what medium.)
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions