QUESTION TEXT: Advertisement At most jewelry stores, the person…
QUESTION TYPE: Strengthen
CONCLUSION: You’ll get a fair price at Gem World.
REASONING: Gem World certifies its diamonds in writing. At most jewelry stores the diamond’s assessor is also the seller.
ANALYSIS: We shouldn’t care too much about a written assessment. Gem World could be both the assessor and seller, and write their own assessments!
The correct answer shows that Gem World’s written assessments come from an outside source.
- This would weaken the argument that Gem World is special.
- This sounds good, but it could mean that the assessors at Gem World have years of experience of setting too high a price for their gems. This doesn’t tell us they’re honest.
- Higher quality could mean even higher price.
- This weakens the argument that a written assessment is useful.
- CORRECT. The main problem at other stores is that the assessor and the seller are the same person. This shows Gem World is different.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions