QUESTION TEXT: Compared to us, people who lived a…
QUESTION TYPE: Weaken
CONCLUSION: People who lived 100 years ago probably read more.
REASONING: They had fewer distractions back then.
ANALYSIS: The correct answer points out that people didn’t have much free time to read or waste time 100 years ago.
The wrong answers try to show that it would have been hard to read. But you don’t need to buy a book to read a book. And you might still read a bad book if you had nothing else to do.
- That doesn’t mean people wouldn’t read books. Take what you can get.
- CORRECT. People had fewer distractions but also less time to be distracted.
- So? There are a lot more people today, too. That could explain the large number of books. Back then people could have read from libraries or borrowed books.
- This doesn’t tell us much. And you don’t have to buy a book to read a book. You can borrow it from a friend, for example.
- This doesn’t change the fact that there were fewer diversions a century ago.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions