QUESTION TEXT: Adam: Marking road edges with reflecting posts…
QUESTION TYPE: Method of Reasoning
CONCLUSION: Aiesha argues that reflecting posts could cause more accidents.
REASONING: Drivers go faster and closer to the edge when roads are lit by reflecting posts. That causes more accidents.
ANALYSIS: Aiesha doesn’t disagree with any of Adam’s facts. But she adds context that shows that people will respond by driving recklessly. Even though they could theoretically drive safer.
- Aiesha agrees with this, but thinks that other factors increase danger.
- Aiesha doesn’t say how to reduce road accidents. She just claims that Adam’s idea won’t work.
- CORRECT. Seeing the edge of the road would make safe driving easier. But most drivers respond by driving recklessly.
- Aiesha didn’t say this was irrelevant. But she pointed out that drivers tend to respond with risky behavior.
- Aiesha doesn’t think people will drive more safely with road-side lighting.
Free Logical Reasoning lesson
Get a free sample of the Logical Reasoning Mastery Seminar. Learn tips for solving LR questions