QUESTION TYPE: Principle – Must be True
- Some people say space exploration is too expensive.
- It’s also very risky.
- And cutting budgets increased the risk of space exploration.
ANALYSIS: About the only information we can get from the passage is that there are a couple of problems with space exploration and that if we cut costs we’ll make the safety problem worse.
- CORRECT. By trying to solve the cost problem we increased the safety problem.
- Unfortunately, it’s not clear that we made any scientific progress. We just cut costs a bit.
- Safety was sacrificed for cost, not speed.
- We have no clue if the mistakes were bureaucratic or instead were causes by defects in the manufacturing process. We only know that cost-cutting was the ultimate cause.
- This isn’t clear. We haven’t been told of the benefits of space exploration. They might be large enough to justify the risk.
Need help with LR? → Sign up hereTry the LSAT Hacks Course
Graeme teaches how to break down arguments, quickly